Wednesday 30 November 2011

Fuck the Fakery


So there’s a strike on. Suddenly, the social networking sites are filled with people expressing their solidarity with copy-and-paste updates. Bullshit. These people (and I’m talking about people I know personally) are at best middle of the road conventionalists who are, most of the time, too scared of their own psychological vulnerability to open their eyes and see how the world really operates. They go through life thinking primarily of nobody but themselves – that’s always the main focus – and latch onto a zeitgeist of safe, family friendly, socially acceptable ‘resistance’ to bear their bleeding hearts to their peers in an effort to out-do one another in the same spirit of selfishness and competition which market capitalism and nation states breed. Are they actually going to do anything pro-active or practical about anything? No. It’s all a show. It’s theatre. It’s meaningless.
   
  I don’t really like talking politics that much because, most of the time, I don’t do anything pro-active so it’s nothing but egotistical posturing to shoot off about my beliefs. I don’t feel the need to advertise my views. That makes no difference. Unless I’m going to act, I’ll keep my mouth shut, keep my ego unstroked, and keep feeling shit about myself like everyone who’s ever acted with any degree of apathy towards the horrific inequality and brutal impersonality of the world we’ve created should do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment